TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) The quality, quantity and specification of the goods shall be those set out on the quote form, subject always to the following:
a) All natural materials supplied are subject to their natural markings, veining, colour variations, cracks and vents.
b) When samples have been submitted identical resemblance of the product supplied to the sample cannot be guaranteed.
c) Any description of materials offered are for guidance only and do not imply suitability for any particular purpose.
d) All thicknesses quoted are nominal and no liability is accepted for reasonable variations.
2) The price of the goods is the price stated on the company’s quote, unless there are changes at template to original information given. The customer will be informed as soon as possible, and new quote issued.
3) Customers will be required to pay a deposit of £100 when placing an order and full payment must be made prior to installation or collection of goods.
4) The deposit is non refundable as this is used to secure dates and order the required materials needed for your requirements.
5) No contract exists between the customer and Warrington granite and marble Ltd for the sale of any goods until Warrington granite and marble has received and accepted your order and the initial deposit has cleared funds.
6) Once materials have been committed to production Warrington granite and marble ltd can not accept cancellations or guarantee that amendments or additions can be made.
7) Any dates quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and the Company shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be the essence of the contract unless expressly agreed by the Company in writing. The Company shall not be liable for failure to deliver the goods if the failure is due to reasons beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
8) We like to offer our clients choice and quality, and this sometimes means that materials take a while to source. We would not want to disappoint you by failing to meet your work schedule. We will endeavour to fulfil our agreed commitments to all our clients; however we are unable to accept any liability from any loss whatsoever due to delay in delivering/installing our product.
9) Notwithstanding any other provision of these conditions, the property of the goods shall not pass to the customer until the Company has received full payment of the goods.
10) Prior to installation all base units must be in place and clear, levelled and securely fixed to the wall and floor.
11) Any temporary fitted sinks and or work surfaces must be removed before templating can be carried out. New Hobs, sinks and taps should be available on site together with the templates where possible.
12) Gas or electric hobs must be disconnected but available on site on both the template date and fitting date. We have neither the tools, skill set or in some cases required qualifications (such as corgi- gas or electrical NIC or other approved governing body) to undertake any plumbing, gas, electrical, plastering or carpentry work.
13) We do not include fitting of the tap/s in your price for either the worktops or template & fitting. We are unable to undertake any plumbing work of any kind. Any taps must be disconnected but available on site.
14) The owner or an appointed representative MUST be present during templating to agree all relevant details such as overhang, joints, height of up-stands & splash backs, required cut out, edge shapes or any additional worktops detail. Unless specified (at time of template), we reserve the right to use our own judgement regarding all overhang, joints, height of up-stands & splash backs, required cut out, edge shapes or any additional worktops detail.
15) Access and floor area must be clear.
156) We will require you to sign our “Completion Note” and it is important that you check over the work as no discrepancies can be taken into consideration after the installers leave site.
17) Warrington Granite & Marble Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and when they affect current customer orders, the company will advise the customer accordingly.
Fabrication is not an exact science and slight tolerances in both overhangs and thickness may be observed. Warrington granite and marble Ltd will endeavour to the best of their ability to keep these tolerances to a minimum, an industry standard 2 – 5mm tolerance is allowed for each measurement.
Marble and Granite are natural stone therefore its veining and pattern varies from batch to batch. We encourage all our customers to view the slabs of granite marble and quartz at our warehouse, in person whenever possible. Warrington granite and marble ltd will not accept any claims based on the variations apparent in Granite Marble or quartz as natural stones. If a particular colour or finish is required, we advise you to inspect the raw material prior to fabrication. Following fabrication, we will not be held responsible if the material does not meet your exact requirement.
All granite products are natural products and are therefore subject to colour variation, natural veining, grain and some light, medium or heavy pitting.
As granite is a natural material slabs of granite are not totally flat and granite surfaces are not impervious to damage. It is common to find variation between and within slabs of stone from the same quarry. Warrington granite and marble Ltd will always use matching slabs for any adjacent pieces of work in order to ensure consistency as far as possible. However, an exact match cannot always be guaranteed due to variations between and within slabs that are used. It is however unlikely that these variations will be clearly visible to the naked eye.
The stone including quartz used for an install may vary to a degree in appearance and feel from any sample previously provided to the customer.
If a particular colour or finish is required, we advise you to inspect the raw material prior to fabrication. Following fabrication, we will not be held responsible if the material does not meet your exact requirement.
All thickness quoted for slabs are nominal and no liability is accepted for reasonable variations of whatsoever nature.
◦ Granite & quartz worktops standard thickness is 30mm (+/- 2mm)
◦ Granite & quartz splash-backs standard thickness is 20mm (+/- 2mm)
Where splashbacks / upstands are to be fitted we can take no responsibility for the curvature & alignment of the walls. Granite and quartz will not bend therefore there may be gaps behind the splashbacks when fitted. These gaps will be filled with decorators caulk by our fitting team.
Where full height splash backs between worktops and cupboards, or hob splash back between worktops and extractor unit are required, we are unable to make these fit with no gaps. A certain amount of tolerance is required to fit these items as to avoid damage to the underside of the cupboard or extractor unit. Tolerance for cupboards is usually around 4-5mm and anything up to 60mm for extractor units with curved glass. This is needed to avoid damage to the glass due to any heat expansion. Too tight a fit may crack the glass. Our fitters will try to keep any gaps at the bare minimum to ensure the best fit possible.
Warrington granite and marble Ltd reserves the right to add joints where they deem necessary based on our industry experience and professional discretion. Joints connecting pieces of stone are sealed using epoxy or low modular curing silicone sealant. The joints produced generally vary between +/- 2 to 4mm thick, as acceptable to industry standard. This allows for a strong joint whilst remaining unobtrusive. Whilst we make every effort to make the joints as even as possible there may occasionally be a slight lip. This must be accepted as normal for granite/ quartz worktops. Warrington granite and marble Ltd will mix the sealing products for the joints to provide, what they consider, the closest matched colour to your stone.
In the stone industry the term lippage refers to the unevenness of two joining pieces of stone. Due to the tight seams used in worktop installations even minor amounts of lippage can be noticeable. Lippage may be unavoidable due to permanent warp of the stone slab. There should be no noticeable lippage at the front or rear of the joint and the maximum allowable lippage at the centre of the joint is 0.8mm.
Individual stone slabs are to be flat within 1.5mm when measured with a 1.2m straight edge. Finished worktop surfaces including multiple tops are to be flat and level up to c[dg]#3mm when measured across a 3m run.
When placing an order for a material which has an inconsistent pattern, please note that we cannot guarantee how the pattern will match up at the joints or which way the veins will run.